[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles Motorola 6412

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Jun 11 17:51:39 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 10:49 -0500, Allan Wilson wrote:
>  unplug the firewire cable, plug it back in, and then run this script
> and it firewire works great:
>
> allan at mythtv:~$ more /usr/bin/mythfwreset
> #! /bin/sh
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].n_2p_connections=0
> sleep 2
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].n_2p_connections=1
> sleep 2
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].channel=63
> sleep 2
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].bcast_connection=0
>

> Hope this helps.

It sure did! I didn't even have to unplug the cable, I just had to
change node 0 to node 1 (which is where it shows up on my system), and
now it's working! I'll try firing this up out of /etc/rc.local, but I
don't often reboot the master backend anyway.

The only down side to this is now I have to get HD display working. I'm
close, just a tiny bit of hesitation in the playback. Lots of old
threads to go through on that one.

--Greg