[mythtv-users] choppy video on mythfrontend along with 90% cpu usage

Rishabh Manocha rmanocha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:59:52 UTC 2006

Anybody??

I just want to know what the bandwidth requirements are to to view
live tv or recorded tv (The recording profiles show that I am
recording a Mpeg-2 stream at 480x480). As I had noted earlier, I am
currently uploading at about 700 Kb/s for live tv and a bit slower for
recorded tv. However this makes the tv look like it's playing in slow
motion. I tried changing the time stretch hoping that would improve
things, but in vain.

I found this thread
(http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-December/063827.html)
in the mailing lists about bandwidth requirements which seems to
suggest a upload rate of about 900 kb/s. Can anyone confirm this for
me.

I hope to get all this working by tonight so that I will be able to
record and still enjoy all the world cup matches on my TV - so please
- any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Rishabh