[mythtv-users] Which HD Capture card should I get?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 22:25:55 UTC 2006

--- Moasat <mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I'm finally looking to get an OTA HD capture card.
> Which have the best
> Linux support and/or are the easiest to get working?
>
> I've heard of pcHDTV3000 and Air2PC.  Any others I
> should look at?
>
> Thanks for any input.

The DViCO cards (FusionHDTV5 Gold and Lite, as well as
the FusionHDTV5 USB Gold) all work very well in Linux.
 The PCI cards don't require any firmware to be
loaded, the USB one does.

The only downside to the FusionHDTV5 Lite card (I
don't know if this affects the Gold or not) is that
the signal level always shows as 100%, and the SNR
always shows up as 4.9, or something like that.  This
is because the kernel module for the QAM/ATSC portion
of the card hardcodes those values (this is true in
the kernel/module set I'm running on Fedora Core 5).

It doesn't affect receiving the signal at all, it just
makes it difficult to determine the best way to orient
the antenna for optimal signal.

-- Joe