[mythtv-users] PCHD3000 DVB recording

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jun 10 21:07:59 UTC 2006

I finally got the CVS version of dvb-apps, which contains the "azap" and
"scan" tools needed by the various scripts. Ran the qamscan.sh script.
Got a channels.conf file, but without channel names. Manually set those
by tuning each channel and looking at it long enough to figure out what
it is.

The problem is that the recordings are terrible. It rather looks like
something just can't keep up, as the picture keeps breaking up and
hesitating. This is a problem that is occurring outside of MythTV,
because the same thing happens if I just connect "mplayer" directly to
the DVB adapter device. I did get a small sample of a real HD recording
when I briefly had Firewire working (more on that in another thread), so
I know this isn't a playback issue, as that recording plays back
flawlessly.

Is there anything I can tune, adjust, or fix to make the HD3000 work
properly? An FAQ that I haven't found?

Thanks,
--Greg