[mythtv-users] Which HD Capture card should I get?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 20:33:04 UTC 2006

On 6/10/06, Moasat <mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I'm finally looking to get an OTA HD capture card.  Which have the best
> Linux support and/or are the easiest to get working?
>
> I've heard of pcHDTV3000 and Air2PC.  Any others I should look at?
>
> Thanks for any input.

Aver A180, cheap and drivers are included in 2.6.15+

Theres also the Dvico cards.

The pcHDTV3000 was discontinued, and they now have the HD5500, with a
slight drop in price. I'd recommend this as a first HD card since it
has full linux driver support and has a better tuner for QAM than the
A180 in my experience. If you want to later add an additional tuner,
then go with the A180. I have two A180's and a HD3000 running together
in a system with no problems.

I have no experience with the Air2PC cards.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!