[mythtv-users] Multiple video sources and scheduling

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 18:00:48 UTC 2006

On 10/06/06, Paul Barker <myth at sixtimesnine.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've just upgraded to FC5 / Myth 0.19 and am playing with getting my
> second tuner (Nova-S) working.
>
> I currently have two video sources defined:
>
> 1) SKY -> PVR250 - SVIDEO - SKY Digibox (with IR sender)
> 2) FREEVIEW -> Nova-S - DVB-S Free to air
>
> My question is concerns scheduling. I obviously have an overlap of
> available channels, the DVB-S card gets a subset (the free to air set)
> of the channels available on the PVR250. However if I'm recording from
> the PVR250 and I try to schedule a show which should be available from
> the Nova-S it just shows up as a conflict.
>
> Is there any clever channel setup I need to do (same channel number,
> name ? etc) to have Myth automatically know that this program is
> available on another source ?

For MythTV to see channels available on different sources as
'identical' you need to ensure that they have the same CALLSIGN. I
also give them the same CHANNUM as well and with these settings
multiple 'copies' of channels appear in the guide as a single channel.

The callsign is the most important value however as this is the basis
of the scheduler's determining same channels on multiple tuners.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/