[mythtv-users] removed rpm Need help upgrading from .18 to .19

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 21:30:13 UTC 2006

I pulled a bonehead mistake upgrading with apt-get (That is what I get for
not reading).  I removed apt, yum and rpm.  I tried to reinstall it using
recover, but now I get a segment fault.  My myth box still functions under
.18 running fc3, so I have a backup of the db.  Is there a way to upgrade
the database to work with .19.  My video stuff is on a separate partition so
I can upgrade the whole system to  fc5 while keeping the data.

Can I upgrade from recover using rpm --force -U --dbpath
/mnt/data/var/lib/rpm /mnt/data/tmp/myth/*.rpm(myth rpms)

Any constructive suggestions are appreciated.

-Gregg