[mythtv-users] MythTv not recording scheduled things

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Fri Jun 9 05:15:11 UTC 2006

I had almost the same problem when I switched to an FC5 system with
all new MythTV packages, but my old MythTV database. I believe my
problem was a result of a bug in `mythtvsetup`. You might be
experiencing the same bug.

The easy fix is to run `mythtvsetup` under a local account on the
backend. The account should not have 'LocalHostName' defined in
'.mythtv/mysql.txt'. Then, go to "capture cards" and "delete all".
Then, re-add your "capture card". Then, go to "input connections" and
re-associate it with your existing "video source". Even though it
seems as though nothing was changed, this process deletes an invisible
"capture card" entry that should not have been in the database.

It seems to me that `mythtvsetup` messes up the database if run under
an account with a '.mythtv/mysql.txt' file that defines
'LocalHostName'. Configuration under an account like this will create
an extraneous "capture card" that won't cause problems in older
versions of MythTV, but will in newer versions.

I hope this helps. It is mostly just guessing from reading other posts
and looking at my own system.