[mythtv-users] Almost upgraded to 0.19; tuner and channel listing problems remain

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 8 10:51:04 UTC 2006

> >I would use mythtv-setup to remove and re-add your capture cards, and
> >also remove your old listings and then re-add those. The ivtv drivers
> >made changes to the tuner names a while back which could still be
> >persisting in your database, and the best way to ensure that the old
> >data is removed and the cards are setup correctly is to remove them
> >and then re-add them. Don't forget to ensure that you connect your
> >video sources to the correct card inputs in the mythtv-setup program
> >having reconfigured your cards and listings.
> >

> Use the "Delete All" button to get rid of your capture cards.  That way,
> you'll restart the card numbering.

I decided to sleep on it and checking it this morning I was surprised to
see today's data looks right. Correct channels, etc. It was short lived
though, looks like all of the following days are still not right.

I also seem to have lost all of my scheduled recordings. Is that because
of removing the channels and redoing them? I'll try and find that table
in the DB and see what's in there.

The good news is that I scheduled a test recording this morning and it
appears to have worked.

Thanks,
James