[mythtv-users] Still stuck...MythTV Dead

Tom Dale tdmyth at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 20:04:15 UTC 2006

Dennis Hand <the4hands at comcast.net> wrote:

>Greetings, everyone.  Thank you for all of your help so far.  We were

>able to overcome the MythWeb problem and recover from our corrupted

>database.  We're still unable to get mythfilldatabase to populate the

>database, now, even after a fresh install (prior to importing old

>program data).  It seems to grab the data (putting it into temp files?)

>but the program ends with an error "Failed to fetch some program info."

>Any ideas?  We are stuck without any ideas even for debugging.  Here's

>the contents mythfilldatabase.log:

Are you still using MythDora? I know for sure a fresh install works as

you have mentioned previously in these postings but your still saying

“prior to importing old program data”. This is making it sound like that

a fresh install of MythDora isn’t working which shouldn’t be the case

at all. Sounds like you maybe installing a fresh copy but your still

importing a broken database structure somehow.

Dennis

Yes, you understand me correctly, Dennis.  We are still using MythDora
from the same install CD as before, and when we first observed the problem
with mythfilldatabase, after restoring / importing old program data, we
concluded the same thing as you just did -- importing a broken database.
So we AGAIN installed a fresh Mythdora and we did NOT try to import any
data from the old database.  We immediately tried 'mythfilldatabase' and
get the errors shown above.  All of these logs in this thread are from our
last, fresh install.  This is what has been so perplexing.  We know it
should work because it has worked for us before. I am forced to believe
that we are doing something wrong in the installation or setup that we
did not do incorrectly in the past, but we don't know what that is and
we do not know how to further debug it.

http://mail.yahoo.com