[mythtv-users] ReadStringList timeout and MYTH_PROTO_VERSION

Harrison J. Kelly hjkelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:33:58 UTC 2006

I've googled this problem until my fingers hurt, but every problem
similar to mine goes unanswered.

I just installed MythTV 0.19 on a fresh Gentoo install, and trying to
watch TV gives me a blank screen for about five seconds, and then an
error in the console:

Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try 1 of 5)
ReadStringList timeout (quick).
Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:
TV: Attempting to change from None to None

I also noticed that when I go through the menus (changing settings and
such), the program stops responding for a while when I change screens.
Everything is the same version according to their output,
0.19.20060121-2. The frontend and backend are both on the same server,
and I don't have any fancy drive configurations. Does anyone have any
insight?
--
Harrison J. Kelly