[mythtv-users] Setting up myth with ATSC and Cable Tuners

Bish, Tim Tim.Bish at Sensis.com
Wed Jun 7 11:52:33 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, its pretty sweet system, I'm really psyched to get things working.
I always try and get something really nice and then run it for as long
as possible.

What I have tried is to set the backend format to NTSC and then add a
device for my PVR150, that works, except that my channels all have the
name Adding Channel [x], but they've got guide data.  I then added two
devices for the Fusion cards and mapped them to a separate Zap2It list
that only has ATSC channels in it.  I made sure to set the format on
those the us-bcast which what I assume I have to do.  I tried also
setting backend to ATSC and adding in the PVR150 with it set to use
us-cable.  That seemed to get all my HD ATSC channels in the guide, but
then I had no Cable channels.  I assumed that I should be able to use
both types (ATSC and NTSC together without any problem, the default
backend format setting sort of confuses me, it would make more sense to
me if they were mapped to the devices themselves.

Maybe I'm missing something, I've been all over the Wiki, and haven't
seen anything about this,  I've compiled a nice list of additions and
corrections to make to the Wiki page for building from SVN on fedora,
would be willing to also add something on this setup as well if I can
get it all figured out.

Timothy A. Bish