[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 05:18:48 UTC 2006

Ok, attached is the x10 menu and stuff he setup. Also worth noteing
is, modify your own mainmenu.xml from his example and don't use his,
since it has Knoppmyth in it, and you may not be using Knoppmyth. :)

Here's a link to the Perl dep for the X10 Firecracker:

http://search.cpan.org/~bbirth/ControlX10-CM17-0.07/CM17.pm

...probably easier to just install using cpan from perl.

-Kenneth

Here's his notes:

Attached. Just install the deps and change /dev/ttyS1 to whatever serial
port your firecracker transmitter is on.

usage example:

In my case I have three x10 devices in my bedroom on code A

1 Fan
2 Halogen Lamp
3 Black light

so to turn on the Fan:
   ./x10.pl A1J

to turn it off:
   ./x10.pl A1K

to turn on the fan, sleep for a quarter of a second and turn the black
light on:
   ./x10.pl A1J s A3J

to turn the lamp and then dim it:
   ./x10.pl A2J "A2-90"

and so on. String as many commands together as you like into sequence as
I have in the attached menu XML files (put in your ~/.mythtv folder
don't overwrite the files in shared)

This tiny script is all I needed. If you want some feature added or
explained just let me know.

John