[mythtv-users] Speaker Suggestions ???

Joshua McClain cicelymosquito at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 22:11:33 UTC 2006

> But, I wonder, what are Myth users using for audio output,
> I've seen very little mention of speaker systems here, and
> what I do see is usually problems with multi-channel decoding.

Problems?  I have none.

I capture all audio from my Dish STB in 2channel analog.  Of course, there's
Dolby Pro Logic info in there.  Also, MythTV is my DVD player.  So here
comes DD and DTS.

I use an old, cheap, SB Live! Value Edition pci card, digital out, of
course, to my...

Denon AVR-1705 digital in (coax)
Klipsch speakers all the way around (KG2.5's fronts, KV2 center, and rear
SS3)
(This is a very efficient and quiet setup.)

Xine for dvd playback, forced to passthrough mode

Works like a charm, and NO NOISE

josh
denver