[mythtv-users] Xbox Protocol Version

Andrew Hutchinson ahutchinson.mythtv at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:35:25 UTC 2006

You know, I got the Xbox working a few days ago, and I really dont' think
its suitable for a Myth Frontend.

Does anyone have an Xbox that works at a reasonable speed?  I'm not talking
about HDTV or anything, just normal TV.  I find the menu's to be
unacceptably slow, although when TV is running it seems to go OK.  Just
don't bring up the EPG!

The only thing that looks promising to me is the XBMC plugin at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv/

Saves you from booting into linux (which takes forever and no doubt uses
unnecessary resources) and it works pretty good.  However, I can't get it
going with Live TV.  Anyone else have any luck?