[mythtv-users] Problem after upgrading to 2.6.16 kernel

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:12:13 UTC 2006

Hello

I have been happily running mythtv on a Fedora Core 4 box for several
months now.
Last week-end I upgraded to the latest 2.6.16 kernel.

I have two DVB-T card:
One DigitalNow DTV Live! Pro (PCI card)
and one TinyUSB2 (USB).

Both cards are recognized and I can watch TV using dvbstream on both cards.
However, since I updated the kernel, I can't use the USB adapter with MythTV.

It is recognized by mythtv, I can configure it with mythtv-setup. But
when it comes to watching it or recording a program with it, nothing.
It's as if the USB DVB adapter isn't there.

For the sake of upgrading, I completely re-installed my PC with Fedora
Core 5, reconfigured everything. And same thing again. Everything
appear to be fine, but I can not use this adapter under mythtv.

Has anybody experienced this before?
any ideas?
Thanks
JY