[mythtv-users] Raid 5 Performance Tweaking

Dean Wilson dean.k.wilson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:05:54 UTC 2006

Sorry if this is a stupid (perhaps related?) question:  I have LVM
installed on top of my raid array.  Should my physical extents
(defined in the  as "chunks of data") be the same size as the raid
chunks?  (vgdisplay /dev/VolGroup00 returns a PE size of 32MB.)

    --- Volume group ---
    VG Name               VolGroup00
    System ID
    Format                lvm2
    Metadata Areas        1
    Metadata Sequence No  6
    VG Access             read/write
    VG Status             resizable
    MAX LV                0
    Cur LV                5
    Open LV               5
    Max PV                0
    Cur PV                1
    Act PV                1
    VG Size               931.53 GB
    PE Size               32.00 MB
    Total PE              29809
    Alloc PE / Size       26935 / 841.72 GB
    Free  PE / Size       2874 / 89.81 GB
    VG UUID               qeWJuY-j7MI-6R6n-UETw-5LyN-knCS-5Um8Ay

Thanks!