[mythtv-users] Recording PVR-500 Question.

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Mon Jun 5 17:19:13 UTC 2006

Thought I would chime in... I have two PVR500's a dinky Radio Shack
splitter on two 8 inch coax cables infront of them. All 4 tuner displays
are comparably the same. The cards are roughly 2 months old.

I am using IVTV 6.2 on a 2.6.16-r8 Gentoo kernel.

The video quality looks roughly what I expect to see from a digitized
signal blown up to my 42" HDTV using the BOB filter. I am happy with it.

I have also tested (both in trial and under fire) recording from all four
tuners at once, and from 3 tuners while watching the 4th. No glitches.

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,