[mythtv-users] Advice on Mythtv on SuSE

Harry Lipkind hil at hiltech.com
Mon Jun 5 16:23:47 UTC 2006

Hi

I am looking for advice on how to install MythTV on SuSE 10.1 and/or
Enterprise versions.

I pulled in lame and built it.  I installed MySql from the DVD and as
far as I can tell it does start when SuSE is booted.  I ran a number of
tests as the "How-To" says to do and everything came back the way it
apparently is supposed to.  I pulled in the MythTV source code and built
the program.  I have my tuner card in the system and put the firmware in
the right directory.

Questions:

I think that MySql is running but when I give the command to do the
database creation (which is named mythconverg I believe) all I get back
is a command prompt.  Where is the database put when it is created -
and/or how should I do things.

If at the moment I bring mythtv up, I get a series of error messages
that a database can't be found.  Is the stuff in the paragraph above my
problem?

Any other advice you folks have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Harry Lipkind