[mythtv-users] Alternatives to X-10, was: X-10 Module for Myth?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jun 5 14:12:14 UTC 2006

Richard Bronosky wrote:

>On 6/2/06, Nick Ellson <grimm at nickellson.com> wrote:
>

>>I mostly live at x-10.com, with a few devices from smarthomeusa.com (for
>>the high power RF transcievers and the Sprinkler System heads)
>>

>I used X-10 a few years ago and was very displeased.  The RF receiver
>got HORRIBLE reception, and I had the 3-way dimmer attached to my
>chandelier melt down and start sizzling TWICE!  I love geeking out on
>stuff, but I'm not will to burn my home down for it.  I now use
>Leviton, and would like to find something that will work in
>conjunction with my existing faedra switches.

WAAAY OT, but....

Check out Dupline - it's a wired switch replacement system.  I've been
trying to convince them to build a direct PC interface - the driver
would be very simple, it's just bitbanging on a couple of pins - but the
voltages are different.   And it's rock reliable and cheap.  It is made
for industry, but their modules could be used in a house for control....

http://www.dupline.com

--Yan