[mythtv-users] - HELP: lirrc deleted

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 09:46:28 UTC 2006

On 04/06/06, Alessandro Boggiano <boggiano at libero.it> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I did a stupind thing: I deleted my /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.lircrc file!! :(
>
> I still have the file /home/mythtv/lircrc so, I can use mplayer and xine
> inside mythtv,but mythtv itself seems dead! :(

If your ~/.lircrc file is the same as the file you deleted in
~/.mythtv/, you can just create a symlink between the existing file
and ~/.mythtv/lircrc, and MythTV should be fine. You do not need two
separate files - I typically create ~/.lircrc with all MythTV,
irxevent, irexec and xine definitions and then create a symlink to
~/.mythtv/lircrc so that MythTV works too. It means I only ever have
one file to edit.

Also, there is no 'correct' lircrc file per se - it's up to each user
to customise the file to their remote and to their preferred way of
controlling MythTV!

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: