[mythtv-users] Phantom IR key presses?

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Mon Jun 5 08:33:56 UTC 2006

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Ben Lancaster writes:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I have a working LIRC 0.8.0 CVS install using the Linux Input Layer
>> as the device, but there's something weird happening with Myth. I'm
>> getting quite regular phantom keypresses. For example, in the guide,
>> if I press down a few times, then up once, it'll repeat the previous
>> down command. irw reports the correct keys being pressed, so the
>> problem lies somewhere between the command hitting mythtv from LIRC,
>> and it performing it.
>>
>> Is this specific to my system, or a known bug for linux-input-layer
>> setups? Any quick fixes out there?
>>
>> I'm on Myth 0.19 from atrpms, lirc 0.8.1-CVS, FC5 and Kernel
>> 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5smp.
>
> Check your key code mapping in lircrc.  I made a typo once, and the
> same keycode was listed two times in lircrc, for different
> keystrokes.  Each time I pressed that key on the remote control, lirc
> dutifully emitted the first keystroke, then the second one.

I am guessing that u have digital tv card and the remote is being
received by it and mapped as key presses, I found that if you stopped
lircd while watching TV the number keys would still appear on the screen
like you are direct inputing the channel, if that's the case post back
and I will go into depth on what I had to do to fix.

regards

Lee McLaren