[mythtv-users] Volume very low on playback

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jun 5 08:25:09 UTC 2006

> Hello list,
>
> For the last two weeks i have the following problem. The playback volume
> of
> my frontend, a Via Epia M1000 running minimyth 0.19.0.1, is really low for
> both old and new recordings.
>
> The volume of the frontend is set to about 90%. Any higher distorts the
> sound too much. I used to have the volume of the TV to about 30% but now I
> have to turn the volume of the TV up to about 80% to be able to hear
> anything, but then there is a lot of static.
>
> Does anybody have an idea?

The last time I had this problem I ssh'ed in from another machine (no
keyboard on the Mythtv box) and ran up alsamixer. Somehow one of either
Master Vol or PCM Vol had got changed to a low value. Which ever you
select in the Mythtv config as your volume control, set the other to 90%
in alsamixer and see if it improves matters.

--
Robin Gilks