[mythtv-users] PVR-150(non-mce) Sound Quality (was Re: (no subject))

Chris Weisiger cweisiger at i-55.com
Mon Jun 5 05:00:13 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>On 05/31/2006 09:24 AM, cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
>

>>I have decent cables. If I use the cables hooked directly to my tv. The audio
>>quality is like it is suppose to be...
>>
>>pvr-150 is /dev/video1
>>
>>if I run from the command line: mplayer /dev/video1
>>
>>the audio is like it is suppose to be
>>

>Sounds like you've got the volume for the recording profile set too high
>for the PVR-150 (but the PVR-350 deals with it better--or uses a
>different profile).  Try lowering it a bit (90% or 80% or so).  Note
>that this is not the playback volume ("Master Mixer Volume" and "PCM
>Mixer Volume" settings) in the "General" section of frontend settings.
>It's the volume in the recording profiles--and please update all of them
>for the test to ensure you see a change.
>
>Mike
>
>.

Ok, havent replied to this lately but I switched my inputs on my tuner
cards.

Problem setup:

PVR-350 - Tuner1
PVR-150 - Cable Box

So I switched them and the audio is fine.

Before that I switched the locations of the cards on my motherboard and
that didnt help.

So I found by switching the inputs it worked fine.