[mythtv-users] Bob deinterlace and Xv problems

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jun 4 15:30:52 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 21:03 +0100, foo bar wrote:
> Replying to myself again but I've fixed it by turning off
> XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank in nvidia-settings..

And is this setting not actually needed?

Certainly you will want the displaying of buffers synced to the vertical
retrace of your display, otherwise you get tearing.  This particular
setting is for the Texture Xv Adapter and syncs XvPutVideo() and
XvPutStill().  There is another setting for the Blitter Xv Adapter.

Anyone know which interface (Texture or Blitter -- or neither?) Myth
uses?

b.

Brian J. Murrell