[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.19 -lqt-mt error linking problem

Douglas Eckhart deckhart3 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 3 23:49:17 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I'm hoping someone can tell me what the trick is to build mythtv on
ubuntu dapper, (yes, the recent release).  I apt-get qt3-dev-tools, set
QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3, make sure that /usr/share/qt3/bin is in the $PATH,
(so I can run qmake?) following the instructions posted on the mythtv
webvsite:  unpack mythtv-0.19.tar.bz2, cd into mythtv-0.19/,  run
./configure, qmake mythtv.pro, make, the  compile goes along without any
warnings even, I think, finally it starts to link the first .so and I
get an error and the message "cannot find -lqt-mt" .  However, I can and
I have done plenty to point at it (libqt-mt.so.3.3.4, which is actually
in /usr/lib) and still it cannot find it.  I'm trying to build
mythtv-0.19 since I'm using mysql 5.0xxx and there's a syntax change
that won't work with mythtv-0.18.  I'm hoping this is just something
stupid that I'm missing.  Can someone set me straight?
Thanks,
-- Doug