[mythtv-users] IVTV issues (video scrambled looking)

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Sat Jun 3 20:21:41 UTC 2006

At 02:51 PM 6/3/2006, Brian Wood wrote:
 >Just to check the obvious again, if you take the exact same connector
 >and hook it up to the TV set you get good pictures ?

Right.

 >You get this problem on each and every channel ?

Yes.

 >Can you try connecting baseband video into the card and see if you
 >get a clean record (maybe a VCR output, be careful of DVD analog
 >outputs as some of them have "protection" in them).

I haven't tried that yet.  I will a bit later this evening.

 >Has this card ever worked in any system, we want to eliminate the
 >possibility of a bad card.

Yes.  I had this card hooked up to a D-10 DirecTV system and it
worked perfectly, but that was using S-Video not the coax.  I suppose
it's possible that the tuner is the problem.

The only thing really changing is the manner of input.  I'm going
from DirecTV (which uses a STB and came in using S-Video) to extended
basic cable (which should just work with the tuner).

--
Mickey Chandler

"Heisenberg may have slept here"