[mythtv-users] Recommendations about the Nvidia 7300 GS PCI-Erange of cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jun 3 20:16:58 UTC 2006

On Jun 3, 2006, at 11:44 AM, James Buckley wrote:

> Well I can't have an AGP card, as my motherboard is PCI-E. Finding
> a 5300 is
> impossible, and I'm prob. not going to use XvMC. I don't mind
> paying more
> for an older card, it's just getting hold of 5300 which is hard

PCI-Express 6200s seem to be pretty common, but the price seems the
same as the 7300.

I found a couple of 5300 listings but they were "out of stock" when I
tried to get specifics.

My only concern was lack of experience with the 7300 card, but it's
cheap enough that you might as well blaze the trail :-)