[mythtv-users] Screen Saver / Menu dimmer? Is it possible?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Jun 3 18:48:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 14:49 -0400, William wrote:
> I find my family frequently leaves the tv on at the main or recordings menu
> for extended periods of time and I am concened about burnin. Is there a
> how-to for setting up a screen saver with mythtv's menu system. It would
> have to respond to lirc remote commands and I would prefer a simple dimming
> of the menu to barely visible.

Or there is that old, worn out environmental solution... turn the TV off
when not using it.  Provides spare electricity to a community suffering
brownouts due to excessive national waste, er, I mean use.  Hey and
saves you a buck or two on your electricity bill.  And saves your TV.
Everyone wins!

b.

Brian J. Murrell