[mythtv-users] SVN build: missing libmythfreemheg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 3 18:45:33 UTC 2006

On 06/03/2006 02:14 PM, Daris Drake wrote:
>> ...trying to run mythbackend or frontend still gives the same error:
>> libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0 cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>>

> Noone has any ideas? Has anyone done an SVN build in the past week and seen
> this?
>
> Should I just post on the development list and see if they have any ideas?

Most everyone who reads the dev list also reads this list, and since the
question is not directly related to development (as would be a post
identifying the reason libmythfreemheg is not being installed on your
system), no need to post to the dev list.

The problem is almost definitely due to the way you're building or
installing your Myth.  The wrong build version is an especially big
indicator that your build process isn't correct.

Unfortunately, there are far to many possible causes to start guessing
them.  So, my recommendation is to go back to as clean a system as you
can get.  I.e. uninstall--even if "manually"--as much myth stuff from
the system as possible (you can leave the database in place) and build
from a clean checkout (not a "make clean" or "make distclean"--but a
clean checkout) while making sure to follow the build instructions
exactly and ensuring you've properly specified the QTDIR and that the QT
bin directory is in the PATH.

Mike