[mythtv-users] How to convert NUV to FLV?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jun 3 08:36:16 UTC 2006

Michael Lynch wrote:
> On 6/2/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/3/06, john sturgeon <john.sturgeon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There is a How To for this at the MythTV Wiki:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>>>

>> I tired following that HowTo on the wiki and I couldn't get it to work
>> so I gave up...for now.  Phill, I think you have inspired me once
>> again.
>>
>> It is good news that mythweb has flv support comming.  I would really
>> like to be able to click a recording in mythweb and stream it whilst
>> at work (you know, for when I have lunch breaks and stuff :P).
>>
>> Anyways, using the HowTo, I managed to create the flv file just fine,
>> but getting the FLVPlayer to read it wasn't working.  The player
>> loaded in the browser, but it would not load the file.
>>
>> You will have to keep us posted Phill.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Whytey
>>

> Here's a patch for ffmpeg to support nuv files.  I haven't
> tested/tried it, but it's the first thing google came up with.
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-March/009729.html

That patch is already in the svn version of ffmpeg and when Isaac did
his last resync of the avcodec/avformat stuff  the Myth version was also
update so can now also read NuppelVideo files directly. At least one
person has got it to work but had to make some changes.
See this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/206342

Paul H.