[mythtv-users] How to convert NUV to FLV?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 05:33:18 UTC 2006

On 6/3/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that mean that they're not MPEGs with a NUV extension, but that
> they are in fact files that have been transcoded to MPEG-4 which is
> why ffmpeg can't convert them?

I would have to answer your question with a big 'yes' there Phill.
They certainly look like transcoded files and so I would have to guess
that ffmpeg doesn't understand them.  You might want to look at using
nuvexport to convert them to something ffmpeg does understand. (I can
use nuvexport to convert from NUV MPEG4 to other formats easily
anyways).

HTH's
Whytey