[mythtv-users] IVTV issues (video scrambled looking)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jun 3 03:55:11 UTC 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 9:07 PM, Mickey Chandler wrote:

> At 04:38 PM 6/2/2006, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Any chance the OP could post a screenshot of the "scrambled" picture,
>> perhaps a digital camera shot? I'm not sure what the problem is, but
>> I suspect that it will become obvious once we see it. I'm guessing
>> the mpeg is fine and it is a video output problem.
>
> Certainly.
>
> http://mickc.whizardries.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/
> DSCN0259.JPG

Wow, that's what I call scrambled.

I really expected I would recognize the problem from seeing it, but I
have to admit I have never seen this type of output before.

I'm going to send the pic to a couple of former co-workers of mine to
see if they recognize the particular distortion.

It looks like the H and V are free-running and not locked to
anything. I think there is a setup option or two that are related to
sync, you might try playing with them.

You might also try running at a lower resolution and see what happens.