[mythtv-users] How to access composite video input with DViCO Fusion HDTV

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Sat Jun 3 03:07:40 UTC 2006

Mercury Morris wrote:
> On 5/31/06, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at malcolm.id.au> wrote:
>
>> I used to use an analogue TV tuner card but recently upgraded to a DViCO
>> Fusion HDTV (which uses the cx88 module).  I have got this working fine
>> with MythTV under kernel 2.6.17.
>>
>> Now though I'm not sure how to switch from the TV input to the composite
>> video input which I've connected using the cable supplied with the card.
>> Now when I press C, MythTV tries to do something for a second but
>> nothing happens and I end up back watching TV again.
> Yes, experience with external video inputs connected to PVR-250 cards.
>
> Please see the thread from 23-24 May 2006.  The subject was "Help
> please with Change Inputs on TV Tuner card", and the replies that
> helped me get my system working were from stanlist at cox.

Many thanks, but I'm not even at the point that you guys were it seems,
so I may need some more help.  I'm using Myth 0.19, and the "Input
Connections" screen in mythtv-setup only shows the DVBInput, not the
Composite1 or S-Video inputs:

[DVB:0] (DVBInput) -> d1.com.au

There is no "Add" button on this screen, but I tried to manually add a
"Composite1" input (looking at the source code of the driver, that seems
to be what it should be called) directly into the cardinput table of the
MySQL database.  However, it still doesn't show up on this screen.

I did add "Composite1" to the "Video Sources" screen of mythtv-setup and
added a fake channel 0 that used this input in the "Channels Editor"
screen, but that had no effect either, and when I try to change to that
channel nothing happens.  In the mythbackend.log file I see:

"Composite1 is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput"

Help!

TIA

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor