[mythtv-users] Harmony Remote with Hauppauge 250 IR receiver: possible?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jun 3 02:33:18 UTC 2006

On 2-Jun-06, at 2:08 PM, James Meyer wrote:

> On Friday 02 June 2006 14:07, Adam Hirsch wrote:
>> So I just picked up a Harmony 676 offa eBay, which promises to
>> address the
>> actual lircd.conf.  Anyone with this configuration still on the list
>> and
>> willing to share their lircd.conf?
> The Harmony is a learning remote.
> To me the easiest thing todo is setup the harmony with the radioshack
> codes.

If you select PVR as the device and MythTV as the model there are
several preset configurations that allow the Harmony to emulate
Hauppauge remotes. The one named "MYTHTV 0.19" or something like that
matches the remotes shipped with the 250/350, there's another one, I
forget the name, that matches remotes from the old WinTV frame grabber
cards. This way you can use the standard lircd settings, no messing
with .conf files.

Having two PVR devices with different remote configs in the same
activity allows you to map all of the harmony's keys to something
useful since it has way more buttons than the hauppauge remotes. If
you're not sure how I can elaborate on that.

- George