[mythtv-users] MythTV + lirc + linux-input-layer

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 00:12:36 UTC 2006

Hey,

I have a Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 tuner card (with its own IR
receiver), and have LIRc set up correctly to handle the card, which
uses the Linux Input Layer (eg. /dev/input/eventX)

irw responds correctly to the keys pressed, and I have ~/.lircrc and
~/.mythtv/lircrc all in place, symlinked and working (atleast they
did before the jump from FC4 -> FC5).

For some reason, MythTV isn't picking up the IR commands at all,
despite everything working as it should. Now (and before lirc was
even installed) MythTV responds to the directional pad on the remote,
but nowt else. I'd migrated all my settings from my FC4 system over
to FC5, so I'm a tad confused.

Any idea?

Thanks!