[mythtv-users] Encoders 1 and 2 are now 3 and 4

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Jun 2 21:01:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 15:52 -0500, Chris Gentle wrote:

> However, both System Status and MythWeb's status page now report my
> two capture boards as Encoders 3 and 4 and instead of Encoders 1 and 2

I think this will happen if you individually delete the capture cards,
then add new ones. Instead, try the "delete all capture cards". I think
this will reset the beginning cardID back to 1.

At one point when I was having a frustrating problem, I had deleted and
re-added the cards so many times that I was on encoder 20 and 21 :-)

--Greg