[mythtv-users] is it possible to record the BBC HD trial with a Nexus-S?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Jun 2 19:53:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 18:38, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> > both do exactly the same thing
> > display (how can i describe this) colour splodges
> > with brief 1/10 second bursts of sound
> >
> > i can provide the log - is that of interest?
> > after about 5 seconds they both segfault
> >
> > i'll try recording a different segment and see what happens with that
> > --
> > simon
>
> I think you're getting the same problem I'm now having. Looks like the BBC
> have changed something and ffmpeg can't deal with it. I'll try again later
> - may be a difference between their 'scheduled' transmissions and the
> preview that runs at other times. It'll be interesting to see if the
> football is in HD tomorrw.
>
> Have you tried some of the test clips http://www.fordrs.nildram.co.uk/HD/ ?

wow!
thanks for that link
they play quite well
where well is defined as: play video for a second, pause for a second

the point is, they play with the command: mythtv <foobarbaz>.ts

which means that mythtv is able to play them, just not fast enough
the question that i have is why my recording hosed?

not expecting an answer, but living in hope
curious to know how they were recorded, DVB-S or T?
--
simon