[mythtv-users] Recording can't be found

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 2 15:32:47 UTC 2006

On 06/02/06 05:48, Phill Edwards wrote:

>I have Top Gear set to record every week on SBS (here in Australia).
>This is my favoutrite program and I've only managed to view the
>recording once out of 4 weeks so far so I'm very upset!
>
>It's set to record at any time on this channel. Mythbackend log shows
>that it was scheduled to reford today and MythWeb says it was recorded
>but the recording isn't on the file system and it doesn't show up in
>the watch recordings screen.
>
>I had a sniff aroudn mysql and noticed that there's an entry for
>today's recordings in the oldprogram table:
>
>mysql> select * from oldprogram where oldtitle like "Top%";
>+-----------------+---------------------+
>| oldtitle        | airdate             |
>+-----------------+---------------------+
>| Top Gear        | 2006-06-02 14:00:00 |
>| Top Gun         | 2006-01-29 20:30:00 |
>| Top of the Form | 2006-03-03 00:50:00 |
>+-----------------+---------------------+
>
>Is this normal? I don't know what this table does but it made me
>suspicious that maybe te program is getting immediately expired or
>something which is whay I can never find it.

oldprogram isn't anything to worry about.  It's just a place where some
of the information from the program table (listings) is stored after a
recording is made.

What you need to do is go into the Previously Recorded page in
mythfrontend and find the showing and find out what it says--that it was
recorded or not.  Then, if recorded, check your backend logs for
autoexpire messages.

Mike