[mythtv-users] Having problems / Need info on BOB Deinterlacing

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 00:36:43 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/2/06, James Buckley <james at logicland.co.uk> wrote:
> > Now that I found out the dot clock, vertical
> > refresh...  from the X log, I used the XFree86 Modeline Generator (found
> > here: http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl), to generate a
> > modeline that gives a 60Hz refresh (same as PAL TV).
>
> PAL TV is not 60Hz - it's 50Hz. If you got an improvement going from
> 75 to 60Hz you should try to get a 50Hz modeline to work - it might
> improve further.

Yes, Raw PAL is 50Hz. However, some PAL TV's support "PAL 60", for
playback of NTSC content (From DVDs and the like). It still uses the
PAL colourspace, but refreshes at 60Hz rather than 50. If you hear
your TV jump and the picture seems a little more "Liney" (Like there's
a scanline effect on the image), chances are you're running @ PAL60.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston