[mythtv-users] Cannot get into frontend setup

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Thu Jun 1 22:01:11 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Len Reed wrote:
>
>>I upgraded to yesterday's SVN head.  I've looked in the dev lists, but I
>>don't see anything relevant.
>>
>>I select "Utilities/Setup": no problem.  I then select "Setup" and it
>>appears to do nothing.  I tried changing the theme from Minimalist-wide
>>to MythCenter-wide and ProjectGrayhem-wide.  No change.  (I edited the
>>database to change the theme; I changed only the one variable.)
>>
>>Setup:
>>dual-Athlon 64 x86_64
>>Fedora Core 4, yum'ed up to date
>>ThemePainter is 'qt'
>>HD (720p) via Nvidia card's TV encoder
>>
>>Everything else seems fine.  I can get into the setup for music,
>>weather, etc.  I can get into the keystroke editor.  Play and record
>>work fine.  In fact, all other navigation  that I've tried work fine.
>>

> Check your logs in the frontend.  If you're not capturing them, run the
> frontend from a terminal window and watch for errors.

Thanks.  I turned on the frontend log and cranked it up to '-l all'.
The log showed that it was pulling the three SetupPinCode variables from
the database.  So...I edited the database to make SetupPinRequired '0'
and it worked fine.

Armed with that information, I now know that this is just open bug 1540:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1540