[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Nested Playlists "Survey"

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jun 1 21:56:01 UTC 2006

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 6/2/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> A proper nested playlist capability would make it worthwhile for me to
>> change over to mythmusic in the office.,
>
> Are you saying the current implementation doesn't work for you? Or are
> you saying you weren't aware that this ability is already in
> MythMusic?

I am well aware of the existence of mythmusic within myth.
My mythbox is at home. I have not bothered to find all of the
dependencies to install mythmusic on that box as I do not often play
music through the audio system which is now connected to the mythbox.

I always have a local Classical FM radio station playing here at the
office on the stereo and I have ripped some CD's onto the harddrive and
play those with mplayer. But mythmusic has always seemed too much of a
hassle to make it worthwhile installing myth on my desktop or on another
box here. And I do not think I would want it on my desktop anyway...And
it would mean an upgrade to the KVM I suspect...or some long wires +
telnet control to use the server box...

Some situations are just not conducive to certain types of solution.

Geoff