[mythtv-users] Myth suddenly deleteing all recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 1 03:34:26 UTC 2006

On 05/31/2006 07:10 PM, stan wrote:
> Here is todays saga. I recorded one show as a test case yesterday
> evening. It was still there when I looked at the machine this morning.
> This afternoon it is gone!, and worse than that there are 2 recordings
> that I have never scheduled. Yes they ar _back_ in the record table.

> I have gone into the recorded shows, and set this to "Do Not Record This
> Program" multiple times now. I als deleted it drictly from the record table.
> In addition I've entered a ruke to get "Jeoporday" at least 5 times since
> this mess satrted, and have never gotten a single episode recorded!. The rule
> for this is always chanel limited, as re-runs play on a different chanel.
>
> The last entry for this program in the "Previously Recorded" screen is
> for a show on 5/9.
>
> It appears to me that something is overwriting the rules I have set up.

Do you have MythWeb set up?  It almost looks like someone or something
(i.e. very likely a web crawler) is accessing your MythWeb.

> I also set up another test program to record last night. This one does
> apear in the "Previously Recorded" screen. When I press [I] to
> get more details it shows as "Never Record This Program".
>
> The "Boston Leagel" episode that I did mamange to record last night,
> als shows as ?Never Record This Program".

You can remove these from the Previously Recorded page once you stop
whatever is changing your rules.

> This is driving me nuts, it just makes no sense for a peice of software
> to sudenly start misbeahaving ike this!

I really think something else is misbehaving...  It's finding what
that's the challenge. :)

Mike