[mythtv-users] Sound problem with AC3 passthrough

Rob Baumstark rbaumstark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:21:56 UTC 2006

> Have you looked at the Digitial Sound HOWTO on the Wiki?
>
> Kevin

Yes - it was what got my digital sound working in the first place.  As
I had mentioned, sound works, digital sound works, PCM over digital
works (but limited to stereo), AC3 passthrough works.  But AC3 encoded
at 32khz causes a lot of wierd issues.  I've spent at least 5 hours
today on the wiki, the mailing-list archives, and google, and the
closest thing I found to my problem was a person at the AVS forums
complaining about 32Khz AC3 causing him problems too, but he didn't
have a solution either.

Also - I forgot it in my original post, but it might be useful to
someone...  This box is a Athlon 2500+ on a Abit-NF7 (nForce2 /
soundstorm chipset).  I don't see how the rest of the hardware in
there could be related to this problem, but if anyone wants full
details, or output captures of mythfrontend or mplayer playing
captures from good or bad channels, etc. just ask me and I'm happy to
provide.