[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Mon Jul 31 23:59:31 UTC 2006

> Does the HDHomeRun do what you'd expect and stream over UDP?  That might be
> a show stopper for a reliable recording of a show.  A packet might be lost
> through no fault of either sender or receiver.

Hi Stan,

Control is over TCP, video streams over UDP.

I have run tests with using TCP for streaming and it works, however is
less compatible with other software. Short answer for a 100baseTX
network is that if you are losing packets then something is wrong with
your network :-)

I have been using MythTV with HDHomeRun as my main TV system for about 2
months now and the only problems I have are with one weak channel... I
need to get up on the roof and adjust the antenna :-)

Nick