[mythtv-users] OT: DVB-T with (supported) CI Slot/interface

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 12:17:53 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm the happy owner of a mythtv box :)  Currently I have a single
pvr-350 connected through s-video to a digital stb from the cable
company. However, I'll soon be changing over to a different service
provider that uses dvb-t and a smart card for all channels.

Ideally I'd like to install a dvb-t card in my backend pc. This means
I'd need a card that either has a ci slot built-in or has a connection
for a card reader.  After some googling I found that the card I was
hoping to buy (a TwinhanDTV Ter-CI 3030 ) is not supported due to its
incompatibilities.  So, does any have a dvb-t card/ ci card combo they
can recommend that _does_ work with linux and, of course, mythtv?

If none exist, I'll just settle for a pvr-500 but would need a good
digital stb that allows channel changing through the serial port and
accepts a conax cam. Any info on such an stb would also be greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Veronica