[mythtv-users] PVR-350 question

Joshua Desjarlais thestudx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 03:34:20 UTC 2006

Hey yall,

I'm really new at this, so please bear with me.  I have just been given a
relatively new desktop, and I would like to turn it into a mythTV box.  I
have gotten to a point where i need to pick out hardware, and I've been
reading up on capture/output cards.  I hear that the PVR-350 is a good card
for this project, but i hear that playing back external video not captured
and encoded by the card is "pretty bad."  And since I'm not all that good of
a judge of what's good and bad, if someone could give me an example of what
bad looks like, it would be appreciated.  If it helps any, I'll be playing
it back on a 32" tube TV via s-video.   Thanks!

--
Josh D