[mythtv-users] Help getting FC5 working on my TV

Timothy Bish tabish at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jul 30 22:13:26 UTC 2006

I've been trying for a couple of days to get my FC5 machine to work with my
Sony 60XS955 TV.  And to this day I can only get the desktop to show up on
the TV when it is Way oversized for the screen.  I'm trying to run at
1280x720.  I've tried powerstrio on a windows setup with another HD I have,
but it seemed like no matter what I did it had no effect on the display, the
Windows Desktop always stayed the same to big for the TV size.

I was wondering if someone with a Sony TV similar to mine, GWIII I think,
could post an xorg.conf that has worked for you?

I am getting really tired of carrying my media PC upstairs every time I try
a modeline that won't even display on the TV.

Any help or adive would be appreciated.

Timothy A. Bish