[mythtv-users] Frontend / Backend

Magnus Sandin magnus at sandin.cx
Sun Jul 30 20:39:44 UTC 2006

Hello all!

I just want to say that I solved my problem.
If anyone have similar problems, this is what was wrong:

In mythtv-setup on the master backend, I had configured 127.0.0.1 (which
is the default) in the field "Host address for <hostname>" on the page
"Host Address Backend Setup". This resulted in a connection from the
frontend to localhost, but the connection should be made to the master
backend. I just changed 127.0.0.1 to the IP address on my eth0 interface
on the master backend server.

Now it seems to work much better.

// Magnus