[mythtv-users] Cleaning up files in /video/recordings directory

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Jul 30 19:36:55 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> says:
> If I delete [.png files] related to current recordings will MythTV
> create new ones or will this cause a problem?

New ones will be created. The easiest way is to view 'Recorded
Prorams' in MythWeb.

> 2) Does anyone have a script that will delete .nuv or .mpg and related
> files that don't have a corresponding entry in the recorded table?

I wouldn't mind seeing such a script myself; this could also, if
written properly, of course take care Phil's question regarding the
.png files.

> 3) I have a large .tmp file (approx 650MB) in /video/recordings. As
> it's a .tmp file is it safe to just delete it?

Mythtranscode uses .tmp files. If no mythtranscode process is running,
yes, it's safe to delete it.